To nurture and lead a dedicated creative team in a dynamic and progressive organization.
Personal characteristics that add value:
Creatively intuitive and succinct; offering that rare combination of balancing technical expertise, problem solving, remaining true to broad organizational goals, and incorporating team support and development; entrepreneurial thinker; deadline focused.
Jewish United Fund of Metropolitan Chicago (JUF), Chicago, Illinois
Associate Vice President, Creative Content Development, May 2015- present
Creative Director of Multimedia,January, 2012 – April 2015
Video Production Specialist, January 2009 – December 2011
Multimedia Designer, July 2007 – December 2008
Establish and maintain awareness, positive perceptions and growing participation in JUF’s work in the Jewish and wider communities. Fulfill marketing, news and information needs by developing and implementing multi-faceted creative projects, products and services. Help set and monitor progress in achieving departmental objectives, goals, budgets, and priorities. Build collaborative relationships with departmental colleagues and with partners in other programs, departments, and agencies to determine and achieve business objectives.
• Lead a team of eight creative professionals to conceive and produce effective products in video, print, and electronic communications
• Supervise professional staff, providing clear expectations and establishing accountability
• Develop strategic communications plans to guide effective JUF communications to target audiences about events, initiatives, programs and priorities
• Develop, coordinate and produce promotional/solicitation videos, podcast
• Oversee creative content of an 80M annual campaign
• Projects include: PSA, yearly annual campaign video, program information, special events, annual meetings, promotional e-solicitations, social media, greetings, high-level political rallies with state and international figures
• Established a workflow process for all creative staff
• Developed weekly team meeting to encourage creative exchange of ideas and projects
• Assist in development, production and edit yearly annual campaign video
• Associate Producer on community service program, “Sanctuary” (ABC channel 7)
• Reduced yearly Sanctuary budget of 13K to <1K by building an in-house video production department • Created a video and multimedia department with focus on web, audio and video products • Producer, editor, director for CANTV Local Access program, “Heart of the Matter” • Haitian Relief executive visit video chronologue, March 2010 • Providing ongoing Oral History of elderly Jewish community patriarchs Knowledge:
• Strong, insightful, and democratic lead for creative projects
• Proficient in all phases of video, audio, print, graphic and multimedia production
• Expert in messaging, audio engineering, creative coherence, audio/visual integration
• PC/MAC proficient.
• Audio: Pro Tools, Digital Performer. Proficient recording producer and engineer
• Video: Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, After Effects
• Other Software: Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator) Zaxwerks 3D ProAnimator, Filemaker Pro, Microsoft Office
Workdog Productions, Chicago, Illinois & Calabasas, California
Owner, July 2003 – July 2007
Produced videos and print for local businesses and special events. Authored DVDs, graphic design, audio recording, website design and programming.
• Projects include marketing materials, flyers, brochures, letterhead, posters
• Interact with multiple producers clarifying and defining strategic directives
• Project types: print & online advertising, consulting, visual designs & layouts
• Dreamweaver, BBEdit, Fetch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Java Script, HTML, CSS, Perl, PHP, MySQL
Walt Disney Company, Burbank, California
DVD Menu Designer, February 2006 – June 2006
Assistant Supervisor of Compositing, September 1995 – July 2003
Performed quality control through final checking of animated images and sequences prior to film creation. Composited and rendered final comps, final checked scenes, isolated and corrected technical and artistic issues, worked with CAPS system and prepared comps for digital film print department and director dailies. Designed and localized major domestic DVD menus for international release.
• Technical and artistic final checker that involved leading trouble shooting efforts with multiple departments
• Converted digital files to various formats for delivery
• Managed a staff of four employees
• Printed images for internal and external marketing/commercial uses
• Eleven animated major screen credits: Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Fantasia 2000 IMAX, Atlantis, Emperor’s New Groove, Treasure Planet, Home On The Range, Beauty and The Beast (IMAX reissue), Destino
• Designed an archiving system to categorized and tag all printed images for director use
• CAPS (Disney proprietary software), Shake, Illustrator, Maya, Filemaker Pro, Unix, Flash, Photoshop, After Effects, Zoo Tech software (DVD menu design)
• Iris and other digital printers
Howard Anderson Company, North Hollywood, California
Compositor / Digital Artist, May 2004 – July 2004
Digitally composited feature film scenes with Discreet Combustion. rotoscoping, wire removal, special effects and matte painting.
The Animation Guild, North Hollywood, CA,
Photoshop instructor, August 2002 – July 2003
Taught employees of the Walt Disney Company after hours Photoshop class in a continuing education 8-week course meeting a total of 3 hours once a week.
Masters of Nonprofit Management, September 2013
Spertus Institute, Chicago, IL
Bachelors of Arts Visual Communications and Multimedia, September 2011
Associate of Arts Visual Communications, October 2009
University of Phoenix
LACC/Pierce College/Los Angeles, California, 2000
Certificate in Recording Engineering, June 2005, Los Angeles Recording School
Maya modeling certificate, Shake compositing certificate, 2002, Studio Arts Ltd.
Web site design, development & administration certificates, 2001, Learning Tree University
Music supervision for film, Shake compositing, 1999-2000, UCLA Extension
Producer for CAN-TV, Chicago, Illinois, 2006 – present
Academy of Television, Arts, and Sciences, 1995 – present
ASCAP, 1988 – present
The Animation Guild, Photoshop instructor, North Hollywood, CA, August 2002 – July 2003
2015 Golden Trumpet/Publicity Club of Chicago – Major gifts campaign video/video feature
2012 Telly Award – Bronze – Non-broadcast fundraising video
2011 PRSA Chicago Skyline Award – Direct mail/Direct response campaign
Volunteer / Hobbies
Singer/songwriter, musician with four independently produced CDs
Certified Plant-based chef
Collector of vinyl records